Schools and Sexting Education
Working together the legal and education fields can play a significant role in decreasing the number of sexting incidents through prevention efforts. The Youth Online Safety Working Group (YOSWG) made several recommendations to schools and educators on methods to help them respond to and better manage sexting related issues:
How Our Diversion Program Works
The Sexting and Cell Phone Safety course was developed by leading school and behavioral psychologists in order to provide schools and parents with needed resources to address this critical issue.
The course was designed as a web-based diversion program and is the first of its kind. Because parent involvement is so critical to this issue, the program provides a course for both students and parents. Schools across the country are using the course to:
Effectiveness of Our Course
The diversion program has been certified by the Neuropsychology Center of Utah and incorporates National Standards for Quality Online Courses supported by iNACOL as well as California Learning Resource Network (CLRN) course standards to ensure effective and impactful learning methods.
- The course uses learning activities to engage users.
- Content is organized by lesson goals using logical sequencing. Lessons include overviews describing learning objectives, activities, and
assessments that provide multiple learning opportunities for content mastery.
- The course provides users with multiple mediums such as video, animation and graphics to engage users in a variety of ways.
- The course design provides explicit communication / activities that confirms if users are engaged and progressing.
- Course structure incorporates evaluation methods to assess user’s mastery of the content.
- The course uses ongoing and frequent assessments to provide real-time feedback.
- Assessment tools and course design give users continuous awareness of their progress in the course and mastery of the content.
- Courses utilize the latest technology tools and a simple and easy to use interface.
- Rich media is provided in multiple formats.
- Minimal technology requirements are needed which allows use from any computer and internet connection.
- Advanced data security ensures user information remains confidential
Benefits of Online Delivery
- Studies show that learning outcomes for online learning exceed those of face-to-face instruction.
- E-learning eliminates geographic barriers, allowing the program to be offered to anyone. The program can be taken from any computer with just a simple internet connection and allows parents to be actively invovled.
- The online program can be administered at low costs allowing us to provide an inexpensive education resource.